Women’s ministry at Sedge Fen Baptist is a developing ministry seeking to bring women of all ages together to study God’s Word, reach women for Christ, mentor and encourage women of all ages to be what God intends them to be, and develop and strengthen the bonds of Christian fellowship and friendship. We seek to accomplish this goal through the following suggested means:
- Bible studies – Opportunities can take place Sunday afternoon, Monday evenings, Tuesday mornings, and/or Wednesday nights. Childcare may be provided for mothers of young children at all of these opportunities.
- Visitation – Visit women newcomers in their homes as well as women from our church family who are ill, etc.
- Public school ministry – Reach out to the public schools by providing breakfast for teachers at the DOD schools on teacher workdays.
- Church-wide events – In the fall it is our goal to host a women’s retreat, in the winter we host a “Women of Grace” dinner with a special speaker, and in the spring we host a Mother’s Day tea.
- Mentoring – Opportunities for older women to mentor younger wome